Friday 2 January 2015

Don't Judge Myself By My Cover

Today I went shopping for clothes. I hate shopping for clothes. I hate having to choose something that has a number on it bigger than I would like. Over the past year I have put on weight, and normally I am confident and happy with my body. Today I was not. I was pinning my worth, my abilities to a a two didget number on the inside of an item of clothing that only I have to see. When a number that was bigger than last year was the number that fit me in one shop but the same number was too small in another I cried. Why oes a 2 didget number affect me so much? My age is a two didget number and that affects me no where near the same amount, All my friends are "Further on" with their lives than me at the same age, but it is the hidden number that affects me. When someone finds out what the hidden number is they don't believe that it is correct. They tell me I have a beautiful curvey figure and I'm stunning, everything a girl wants to hear, But I don't listen. I listen to the voice in my head saying this hidden number means you are worthless, you will never achieve anything, no one will love you, you are useless, you will never have a boyfriend/husband/family. Why do I let it tell me these lies?! I felt really bad about all this then I thought to myself I will just return the clothes that didn't fit and buy something else. Shopping shouldn't be a dreaded thing that will bring on all these feelings I am a strong, beautiful, loved woman of God and o one can say otherwise not even this hidden number in my clothes!


1 comment: